- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Engineering Manager develops and implements major strategic initiatives and key business objectives in collaboration with the senior leadership team. This position will direct innovation, technological advancements, engineering analysis, short and long term planning, and project implementation that impacts all Dairy locations.
- Works closely with Senior Leadership to define, implement and support required growth and improvement projects
- Manage all Capital Projects across the Facility
- Manage the development and implementation of major capital improvements and strategic business initiatives as measured by successful capital budget planning and project execution
- Improves the overall performance of engineering and maintenance activities for the Enterprise through innovation and continuous improvement as measured by SBPI
- Ensures that the maintenance and engineering staff for the Enterprise are properly trained to meet current and future organization demands, as measured by well-developed succession plans and skill assessments
- Develops and implements energy management and utility cost control initiatives, as measured by expense reduction in these areas at each Branch
- Advises maintenance and operations personnel on proper operation of systems and serves as a source of expertise in the area of engineering and equipment maintenance for problem analysis and troubleshooting, as measured by the operations case thru-put
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal codes and regulations related to design, construction, and equipment modification as well as regulations for facility and equipment maintenance
- Maintains a safe environment for all maintenance functions as measured by the safety record
- Approximately 20% travel is required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from a credited college or university program with 10+ years’ experience with facility engineering and maintenance and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have 5+ years of Manufacturing experience; Preferred Experience in Liquid processing and filling operations
- Detailed knowledge of capital project oversight including complete new equipment installation and vendor management
- Proven ability to effect change: identify opportunities, research solutions, request resources, sustain results, and share learnings
- Demonstrated skills Business Intelligence (BI), AutoCAD, CMMS, Six Sigma
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.