This position is responsible for assigning equipment and associates for conveyance of product.
- Compiling list of available equipment.
- Assigning equipment according to factors such as length of trip, product requirements, driver consistency.
- Maintaining dispatch sheet for night and day shipping.
- Directing activities of drivers by available communication methods.
- Conferring with customers to expedite or locate missing, misrouted, delayed or damaged merchandise.
- Maintaining and updating all customer files in road net.
- Communicates with all necessary departments with regards to label runs and invoice releases.
- Assuring compliance with all safety procedures, company policies and DOT laws.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three months related experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and basic use of a desktop PC
- Basic knowledge of DOT laws governing hours of service for CDL drivers.
- Must possess an acceptable MVR for the previous 39 months.
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Regularly standing and walking
- Reaching with hands and arms to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Regularly lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!