Director Systems Operations
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Director of Systems Operations is responsible for the overall operating performance for transportation, warehousing, maintenance and distribution operations, supporting local managers and supervisors. This position must effectively influence local operational staff, monitor significant metrics as means of tracking performance, and maintain a productive environment within budgetary constraints. This position will be responsible for the standardization of the systems operational processes and procedures in order to maximize efficiencies. Including the onboarding of new technology, minimizing costs, creating repeatable and consistent performance and the implementation of best practices throughout the Enterprise.
- Provide support and direction to local Systems managers/supervisors, in cost management and implementing strategic changes to the operations. Including driver component pay, warehouse pay for performance, daily driver route review, integrated backhauls and eliminating penalties due to poor operational performance
- Ensure proper service levels are met as identified in Service Level Agreements to each Branch and other Support Services.
- Ensure compliance with all Company Policies and rules, as well as all laws and regulations in each aspect of the business.
- Support the development of annual budgets, as well as monthly metrics to ensure the Operations are performing to budget.
- Ensure all aspects of the Company’s Positive Associate Relations programs are completed by subordinate supervisors and managers.
- Approve new positions and operational changes developed within each Branch. Support the development of branch leadership and bench strength
- Drive the safety culture in the system business, reducing CSA scores and lowering accident ratings below annual targets
- Handle issues that remain unresolved from tactical and strategic levels below
- Work directly with company management to collect, analyze and provide feedback for customer expectations and competitive services in distribution. Communicate effectively with management to ensure that all service and quality standards are met. Analyze workflow methods and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and ensure the implementation and maintenance of processes, procedures, and work instructions for warehouse and distribution functions, including inventory control practices, documentation of receipts, storage and shipments, cycle counting, and quality control.
- Assist in the development of and recognize associate excellence
- Participate in regularly scheduled Broadline SBU & Enterprise Operations\Shared Services Leader reviews regarding:
- SLA performance
- Branch Manager Decisions and Escalation process
- Ensuring Service Level Agreements (SLAs) issues are completed and resolved
- Interface with all other Support Services Departments, including sales, as well as other Strategic Business Units to develop positive customer resolution of issues and complaints. Confers with department heads and other internal customers to ensure coordination of operations activities with activities of other functions, i.e., corporate, sales, IS, etc.
- Deploy the Enterprise Strategy across all Branches.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 10+ years related experience in transportation and warehousing, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Experience with business and operations software programs including RoadNet, SAE, XRS, Business Intelligence, MS Office
- Good communication skills with all levels of personnel including Operations and Business
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evening shifts, weekends, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.