Director Supply Planning - Foodservice
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Director of Supply Planning is responsible for ensuring high service levels to our customers and is a key contributor to the efficiency and profitability of our Food Service organization. The Director of Supply Planning will be responsible for leading the supply management team and will ensure on-hand supply levels meet or exceed our enterprise goals for service level and Days on Hand (DoH) inventory position. The Director of Supply Planning will collaborate cross-functionally and be a key contributor to our enterprise S&OP planning and will have frequent interactions with our Sales and Executive leadership groups. Success in the role will be measured by inventory efficiency, achievement of fill rate targets and similar Supply Chain metrics, as well as thru progress in coaching and developing the team and associated direct reports.
- Act as a catalyst leader with direct reports building Supply Chain capabilities
- Participate and improve the S&OP process for the Food Service enterprise
- Develop advanced supply plans balancing service needs, operational efficiency and profitability
- Work with Demand Planning in support of regressive, predictive and prescriptive forecasts
- Support other functional teams (Category Management / Procurement, Operations, Sales, Marketing and Finance) by acting as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Supply Chain Planning
- Identify areas to reduce costs and drive efficiencies through optimization of sourcing, vendor management, opportunity buys, commodity purchases and freight optimizations
- Leverage analytical insights to improve customer fill rates and inventory efficiency across multiple production locations
- Lead supplier conversations around fill rate improvement and general supply replenishment needs
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Interacts with Senior Leadership on a frequent basis and is capable of running complex projects and presenting findings and conclusions to a broad, executive audience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics, Mathematics, Supply Chain or related field
- Master's degree in applicable fields is Preferred
- 10 or more years of direct Supply Chain experience
- 5 or more years of direct Leadership experience
- Industry certifications from APICS or CSCMP are Preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Preferred
- Must have a strong working knowledge of purchasing, planning and business intelligence software and demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7335