Director of Logistics - OTR
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Director of Logistics - OTR is responsible for continuously improving the supply chain functions across the Enterprise. They will use technology and strategic collaboration and will coordinate an entire logistics function that ensures proper management of inbound and outbound freight, backhauls, and the use of third- or fourth-party carriers, while effectively using the Company’s own fleet. In addition, they will be responsible for the development, design, and engagement of the Logistics team and all supporting transportation service providers in ensuring accurate, on-time, and complete deliveries outbound and inbound.
- Reduce freight expenses while ensuring minimal inventory through on-time and complete deliveries for the Enterprise.
- Leverage the management of inbound and outbound distribution while collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to reduce inventory and automate processes
- Analyze current inbound and outbound logistics to leverage internal fleet
- Manage carriers to continue reducing freight rates, increasing on-time performance, and eliminating claims
- Convert inbound deliveries to Shamrock for all trade and non-trade purchases
- Ensure efficient and effective deliveries to all customers and for all drop-ship orders
- Coordinate backhaul pickups on our private fleet
- Build long haul round trips using outbound deliveries and inbound purchases
- Build a program to convert loops to private fleet moves providing a career path for our drivers
- Collaborate at a high-level across many functions to implement strategies, such as implementing just- in-time solutions for raw material deliveries and shipping schedules to reduce inventory.
- Evaluate Shamrock’s network of pick-up points, DC’s and production plants, and delivery locations to optimize the entire system including inbound consolidation and outbound forward warehouse solutions
- Interface with FreightCo on leveraging our size and scale to reduce freight rates and improve carrier performance
- Support both internal Systems customer freight bids and 4PL services sales through FreightCo.
- Develop customer supply chain strategies that support sales and supply chain initiatives.
- Represent the supply chain organization at top to top meetings with key customers, partners, suppliers, and carriers to enhance customer and consumer value and support internal strategies.
- Attend sales leadership meetings and participate in developing strategies with key sales and customer initiatives to maximize the logistics functions.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on the benchmarking, analysis, and performance of logistics strategy execution.
- Build and publish scorecards detailing the performance of key lead and lag metrics
- Own and manage all service providers inclusive of inbound and outbound logistics.
- Maintain the performance of our logistics network ensuring business and customer needs are met.
- Lead continuous process improvement efforts as a change agent to identify and capture strategic opportunities to optimize warehouse, manufacturing, and delivery productivity and service levels
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management, Business or related field. Graduate level degree including MBA and Six Sigma certification preferred.
- 10+ years of customer logistics experience with a focus on collaborative relationship building, customer service, and complete supply execution with industry-leading companies from the foodservice distribution and manufacturing industries.
- 10% plus travel required
- Proven success optimizing a supply chain network of multiple production and distribution
- Ability to manage multiple sites with distinct customer and employee
- Extensive experience dealing with internal and external customers at all levels of the
- Experience leading top to top executive customer, supplier, and carrier
- Functional knowledge of both private fleet and common carrier delivery processes and management.
- Excellent project management and proven change management
- Innovative and collaborative work style. Ability to work effectively in multiple cross-functional teams within a matrix management
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.