Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance - Foodservice
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Business Services
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Director of Food Safety & Quality Food Service directs and oversees the Shamrock Food Service Quality Division and multi-site food safety departments. (S)he will continually develop, enhance, and maintain divisional food safety and quality programs including FSMA, HACCP, SQF, and GMP with direct oversight of the quality assurance and sanitation programs of Shamrock Foods DCs and Supply Chain Network. (S)he will work with supply chain: transportation, distribution centers, and other cross departmental operational teams to develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure continued compliance with all regulatory, FSMA, PMO, CFR, SQF Certification, third-party, trade associations and customer requirements
- Develop and sustain a proactive quality team through collaboration, mentorship, strategic alignment, and career development
- Lead Food Service FSQA team in building strong cross-functional partnerships with business owners and leverage relationships for buy-ins to influence change and promote proactive quality culture
- Collaborate with buying, sourcing and product development teams and trade associations to proactively address industry and regulatory needs and provide food safety guidance to margin management and supplier diversification without compromise to quality
- Provide technical quality expertise and tools to Shamrock’s customers and suppliers
- Meet with regulatory agencies (USDA, FDA, State Department of Agriculture, State Department of Health) as needed to maintain a positive partnership and relationship with regulatory agency inspectors.
- Lead Food Safety Quality and Regulatory team in overseeing our Food Service Vendor Risk Management function by leveraging a scientific, risk-based, preventive approach to assess vendors and ensure that appropriate food safety, quality and regulatory capabilities are in place
- Execute Shamrock Foods’ vendor management program and policies, including auditing, performance monitoring, inspection readiness and vendor approval programs.
- Lead Quality Standards and Development (QSD) team that create Food Service brand quality and technical standards, strengthen product specifications and requirements
- Leverage data and metrics to help drive strategy, reporting, and making recommendations for supplier sourcing decisions
- Serve as Food Service Crisis team lead on issues related to foodborne illness, product recalls, and consumer protection processes
- Participate in a monthly Quality Management Review meeting (QMR) to review specific set of quality and compliance metrics to state of control and drive targeted actions for continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in food safety & quality assurance
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance with USDA, FDA, CFR, PMO, and Food Retail and Distribution Trade Associations Quality
- Demonstrated expertise in produce, retail, dairy, meat, seafood and edible oils storage and distribution.
- Ability to review regulatory requirements and evaluate compliance, and experience with regulatory inspections
- 40% plus travel required.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.