Desktop Service Technician
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2 Shamrock Way NW
- Information Systems
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Desktop Services provides escalated technical support and services from the Service Desk for all computer users in all divisions of Shamrock Foods Company. This position supports a 24/7 work environment.
- Follow written and verbal instructions/directions
- Follow all ticket handling and escalation procedures
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve system hardware and software problems
- Communicate time sensitive or critical technical information to Shamrock associates
- Monitor and investigate re-occurring problems
- Investigate problems and perform root cause analysis
- Answer, record, solve, and track calls/requests from users
- Provide comprehensive technical support services to Shamrock employees and customers
- Work within Service Level Agreements, including but not limited to Average Speed of Answer, Average Talk Time, Abandon Time, Hold Times, etc.
- Apply critical thinking skills and troubleshooting methods to either resolve or escalate issues to the appropriate technical support team.
- Use available knowledge tools during troubleshooting
- Take all necessary steps to ensure total customer satisfaction
- Create, submit as well as manage escalated detailed tickets documenting customer interactions.
- Accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness are key call logging components
- Confirm and update customer profile information as needed.
- Promptly notify management of any potentially 'dissatisfied' customers
- Follow all documented escalation processes and procedures
- Maintain technical proficiency in Shamrock supported systems and applications
- Active participation in department organized training events and staff meetings.
- Contribute current technical information and best practices concerning Shamrock proprietary applications to the Documentation Reference Library or other Shamrock knowledge distribution channels.
- Organize and utilize all support resources provided including emails, documentation, contact lists, etc.
- Possess decision making skills
- Facilitate communication and document outages time lines
- Open/facilitate communications for the call-in bridge line
- Assist in directing technical resources to work through outage issues to resolution.
- Understand and follow time sensitive escalation procedures
- Document, track, analyze and follow up on all issues escalated from the Service Desk.
- Analyze data to reduce costs and improve service levels and MTTR (Mean time to repair)
- Identify reoccurring problems - suggest solutions
- Identify and remove waste to streamline business processes
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Operating Systems and Internet applications support
- Basic problem solving, troubleshooting, and organizational skills
- Basic experience with escalation and common IS follow up procedures
- Capable of typing at least 35 WPM
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Proactive, energetic, strong sense of urgency works well with others in a team oriented and fast paced environment, solid interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to change
- Available to work flexible hours to support 24/7 support environment
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.