- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Demand Planner is responsible for using various sources of business insights to create and update forecasts which will be used across the enterprise to improve fill rates and drive inventory efficiency. In creating the best forecasts, the Demand Planner will need to weight and assess various inputs, including but not limited to input from functional stakeholders (such as marketing and sales), review of prior sales and inventory history, upcoming promotions, market data, product categorization and statistical modeling. The Demand Planner will be in constant communication with suppliers and customers regarding information and data sharing around trends, promotions, forecasting, and supply shortages. The Demand Planner will be responsible specifically to the COP Category, which is Center of the Plate (Meats, Poultry, Seafood).
- Identify new forecasting and analytical tools enterprise wide, to build, maintain, and improve demand forecasts creating the best statistical model.
- Create daily forecasts and seasonal profiles for all COP items
- Work cross-functionally across multiple departments to collect information on promotions, sales/marketing initiatives, category growth and penetration initiatives, market data, and price fluctuations to improve the model and make better educated assumptions.
- Lead monthly calls with preferred suppliers and customers to share forecasts, demand patterns, supply issues, and other data/information sharing for better relationship and collaboration.
- Categorize and group all Center of the Plate (Meat, Poultry, Seafood) SKUs by ABC XYZ segmentation based on demand volume and variability
- Manage interns and analysts to oversee all departmental reporting needs and adhoc requests.
- Work with big data, including preparing and cleaning data for statistical modeling.
- Perform both product and customer segmentation analysis to determine appropriate focus areas
- Monitor SKU level purchases and sales to be able to recommend inventory optimization and product rationalization initiatives in the future.
- Assist in the preparation for the recurring Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meeting cadence and ensure process and staff are identifying opportunities for business improvement for presentation at the monthly Executive Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) review.
- Engage directly with key supplier partners, Supply Planning and Category Management on identified inbound supply opportunities.
- Lead the implementation of Integrated Business Planning (IBP) enterprise wide.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or Master’s degree Supply Chain, Operations, Data Analytics, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain with a focus on Demand disciplines or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise working with big data and visualization tools including MS Office, Business Intelligence (PowerBI) and Tableau.
- Expert on Excel, experience in various mathematical and statistical functions, Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and Macros
- Intermediate to Advanced MS SQL experience.
- Experience with Demand Planning software preferred.Industry credentials such as APICS or CSCMP are preferred.
- Strong mathematical and analytics skills
- Ability to work across cross-functional groups and ensure ability to influence and execute across groups
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity and influence change in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which is generally limited to week days but may be subject to evenings or weekends due to project or department needs.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.