- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Demand Planners are primarily responsible for using various sources of business insights to create and update forecasts which will be used across the enterprise to improve fill rates and drive inventory efficiency. In creating the best forecasts, the Demand Planner will need to weight and assess various inputs, including but not limited to input from functional stakeholders (such as marketing and sales), review of prior sales and inventory history, upcoming promotions, market data, product categorization and statistical modeling.
- Build, maintain, and improve demand forecasts using existing tools and systems to create the best statistical models.
- Work cross-functionally across multiple departments to collect information on promotions, sales/marketing initiatives, category growth and penetration initiatives, market data, and price fluctuations to improve the model and make better educated assumptions.
- Develop Demand Forecasts at several levels of aggregation (category hierarchy and/or customer segment hierarchy), for weekly/monthly demand planning functions.
- Create, analyze, and present visualizations around the statistical forecast model at a high level and with a drill-able functionality.
- Work with big data, including preparing and cleaning data for statistical modeling.
- Perform both product and customer segmentation analysis to determine appropriate focus areas
- Monitor SKU level purchases and sales to be able to recommend inventory optimization and product rationalization initiatives in the future.
- Assist in the preparation for the recurring Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meeting cadence and ensure process and staff are identifying opportunities for business improvement for presentation at the monthly Executive Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) review.
- Engage directly with key supplier partners, Supply Planning and Category Management on identified inbound supply opportunities.
- Work with Demand and Supply Planning leadership by being a key technical resource and helping refine departmental strategies and tactics.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or Master’s degree Supply Chain, Operations, Data Analytics, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain with a focus on Demand disciplines or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise working with big data and visualization tools including MS Office, Business Intelligence and Tableau.
- Strong mathematical and analytics skills
- Experience with Demand Planning software preferred.
- Industry credentials such as APICS or CSCMP are preferred.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which is generally limited to week days but may be subject to evenings or weekends due to project or department needs.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6886