- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Information Systems
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Coordinate, maintain, and support the corporate database environment. Specific duties include database performance tuning, monitoring, capacity planning, utilization tracking, security, archiving, planning and monitoring of backups, disaster recovery, and documentation based on Shamrock Foods Company corporate policies, industry best practices, and customer-based business requirements. The position will ensure highly available, stable, secure, and recoverable databases in a 24/7 environment.
- Perform database administration tasks supporting databases within the enterprise environment including backups, restores, recovery models, storage management, replication, database security configuration and administration
- Provide application tuning and query optimization and provide SQL design and coding support to the development staff
- Detect and troubleshoot database performance issues impacting CPU, memory, I/O, disk space, and other resource contention
- Install, patch, and upgrade database software and associated support software
- Design and implement disaster recovery for the database environment
- Participate in applicable team rotations, including after-hours 24x7 On Call support
- Design and support cloud implementations
- Document technical processes and workflows; procedures, run-books
- Answer technical questions and assist developers
- Participate in internal and enterprise projects
- Follow documented processes, procedures, and expectations
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years related systems/network engineering with a Bachelor's degree in a related field or 7+ years' experience without a degree
- Support and maintain a highly available database infrastructure
- Patch and upgrade the database environment
- Develop and enhance scripts to automate and execute various DBA tasks
- Train and mentor development staff on database best practices and coding techniques
- Scale the database infrastructure to support the business demands
- Establish and recommend policies/procedures/standards
- Produce and maintain architecture and technical support documentation
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7249