Dairy Quality Assurance Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position will be based out of the Shamrock Farms Dairy in Phoenix, AZ and report directly to the Vice President of Quality and Compliance. Main responsibilities are to develop, maintain, and supervise all aspects of the food safety and quality assurance program to ensure safe and efficient departmental operations. Ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to all food safety and quality policies. Set all departmental safety, quality, and efficiency goals.
- Develop and maintain a product testing lab for all composition and microbial testing of all raw ingredients and finished products.
- Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within program.
- Evaluates contents of reports from product assurance program department heads and confers with top management personnel preparatory to formulating fiscal budget for product assurance program.
- Conducts management meetings with facility/department managers to establish, delineate, and review program organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures. Work with operational teams to conduct root cause analysis and suggest corrective actions.
- Investigates customer and consumer complaints and communicates findings to customer care representatives.
- Ensures department compliance to all regulatory, GFSI, internal and customer quality requirements.
- Manage and review department budget for labor, testing, non-conforming product, and oversee cost saving initiatives that do not compromise quality.
- Reviews technical publications to stay abreast of technical industry developments.
- Directly supervises team of quality/lab employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, or other science related field is preferred or, equivalent experience in dairy processing and quality assurance.
- 4+ years of supervisory or managerial experience
- Experience in low-acid, Grade A ESL or HTST Dairy products (preferred)
- HACCP Certified (preferred)
- PCQI Certified (preferred)
- Experience with GFSI Audit Criteria (SQF, ISO, BRC)
- Willingness to support 24/7 manufacturing operation and be accessible on nights, weekends and holidays as needed
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.