Dairy Materials Planner II
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Summary: The Materials Planner II is primarily responsible for the planning, purchasing, and execution of raw materials and supplies to support manufacturing activities across the network. This role will serve as a key member within the Supply Chain Planning team and will work to achieve the primary goal of balancing the competing objectives of maximizing customer service, minimizing supply chain costs and optimizing working capital.
- Leverage tools & systems to drive the purchasing of raw materials and supplies to support the material requirements for all firmed and planned production across the organization.
- Serve as a key member within the Supply Chain Planning team contributing to the success of various metrics such as service level, OTIF, production adherence, working capital, and transportation costs.
- Monitor the flow of shipments in transit to ensure material arrives as planned. Clearly communicates any risk to key supply chain partners and collaborates as necessary to eliminate risk.
- Expedite and de-expedite purchase orders as needed to ensure a continuous manufacturing flow.
- Manage item record planning data as required (safety stock,reorder points, lead times, etc.)
- Conduct regular review and analysis of all inventory items and recommends depletion plan for all excess and obsolete materials
- Actively contribute cross-functionally during times of product transition and new launch planning.
- Develop and maintain relationships with numerous suppliers across the network. Ensure contact information and all supplier master data are accurate.
- Maintain a continuous improvement attitude always looking for opportunities to improve the process, tools, and systems used within the role.
- Partner with AP to resolve any discrepancies with invoicing or purchase orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; BS in Supply Chain, Operations, Data Analytics, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain with a focus on Demand & Supply disciplines or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise working with big data and visualization tools including MS Office, Business Intelligence and Tableau.
- Strong mathematical and analytics skills
- Experience with Supply Chain Planning software preferred.
- Industry credentials such as APICS or CSCMP are preferred.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which is generally limited to week days but may be subject to evenings or weekends due to project or department needs.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.