Dairy Maintenance Technician - Night Shift
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Perform preventive maintenance procedures on all facilities and facilities equipment. To work with electromechanical technician and use your expertise to quickly diagnose problems and prevent excessive down time. Expected to help direct, train, and support the maintenance mechanic positions.
- Always Maintain a safe working environment. Report possible concerns to lead person or supervisor.
- Work independently and alongside the electromechanical technicians to trouble shoot and repair material handling equipment including sorters, conveyors, and cranes. Identify problems requiring outside vendors and inform the lead or supervisor.
- Performs preventive maintenance on material handling equipment, including daily systems inspections of mechanical and electrical components. Reports any problems to lead or supervisor.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part.
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces parts.
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction. Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment.
- Trouble shoot, repair and perform preventive maintenance on power lift equipment, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and high-pressure air systems.
- Monitor, report, and document the usage and replacement of equipment and parts.
- Performs preventive maintenance on facility; carpentry, plumbing, and electrical duties.
- Clean work areas as needed and at end of day. Return equipment and tools to shop at end of day.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3 - 5 years of mechanical, electrical, and general maintenance experience in a distribution center or industrial environment targeting one or more of the following: material handling equipment, power lift equipment, electronic / electrical installation and equipment diagnosis, or facilities maintenance.
- Certification and operations of ARC and MIG Welding equipment to include OXY/ACETYLENE and PLASMA, welding and cutting
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and occasionally climbs a ladder or works on a platform.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) 2+ years of commercial or industrial maintenance related experience and/or training
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.