Dairy Farm - Tour Lead
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 40034 West Clayton Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
* This position is responsible for Driving the Tour Tram and conducting light Industrial Maintenance at our Farm*
$18 - $20/hour DOE
This is a PT position: about 30 hours/week. Monday - Friday with occasional weekends!
Summary: The Dairy Farm Tour Operations Lead is a part time associate with the main responsibility of driving the Farm Tour Tram. They will become an expert on the Farm as it relates to tour elements as well as Shamrock Farms Dairy processing and products.
- Work with Maintenance and Assistant Manager to ensure proper tour flow and operations during scheduled tour
- On-site duties at Farm Tour during all tour operating days including driving the Farm Tour Tram, being a tour guide, visitor check-in, etc.
- Responsible for tour safety including facilities, equipment, and tour structures
- Ensure all Exhibits/Tour Zones are functioning properly and coordinate service accordingly
- Ensure that all aspects of the Tour are kept clean, hygienic, and always maintained and coordinate necessary upkeep
- Lead and oversee all special events and/or special tours and venue requests including consumer events as assigned.
- Serve as a brand ambassador and tour guide for Shamrock Farms and provide knowledgeable and fun guided tours for scheduled groups, including schools and the public.
- Provide excellent customer service throughout Farm Tour visitor experience in the Welcome Center and on tour including but not limited to: answering visitor questions, directing them through the Welcome Center and continually monitoring visitors to ensure all needs are met and rules are being followed,
- Serve as host/hostess of merchandise store and actively sell merchandise and handle sales transaction on cash
- Reservations support as needed, e.g., answering phones and inputting data into online reservations
- Support ice cream parlor duties as needed including preparing lunch items, e.g., hot dogs, scooping ice cream,
- Assist in Welcome Barn tour functions such as corralling people to Tour Check In and distributing milk at end of the
- Responsible for Farm Tour cash management including opening and closing cash drawers and providing daily register summary reports to accounting and
- Provide invoices to Dairy Marketing for coding and
- Work with Facility Supervisor on any technology or barn/tour/tram operational
- Support non-tour related projects as needed including but not limited to marketing and communications materials, school and public outreach programs,
- Excellent verbal communication skills, comfortable in front of groups, strong public speaker
- Comfortable on computer and dealing with reservations and merchandise systems
- Strong internal and external service orientation
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to work with minimal direction; highly motivated/high degree of self-initiative
- Excellent team player
- Strong sense of accountability; goes the extra mile
- Demonstrates attention to
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Understand position limits, knowing when to escalate tour complaints/matters
- Excellent Customer Service skills are a must
- Responds to difficult or emotional customer situations promptly
- Respond professionally to questions, service and assistance while maintaining a positive demeanor always
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit
- Adapt to changes in the work environment
- Follow instructions, responds to management direction
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma/GED
- 1+ years’ experience preferred and/or training or equivalent combination of education and
- Must be willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Regularly stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
- Occasionally stand and sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.