Dairy Dispatcher - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Summary: Assigns equipment and associates for conveyance of product by performing the following duties.
- Compiles list of available equipment.
- Assigns equipment according to factors such as length of trip, product requirements, driver consistency.
- Maintains dispatch sheet for night and day shipping.
- Directs activities of drivers by available communication methods.
- Confers with customers to expedite or locate missing, misrouted, delayed or damaged merchandise.
- Maintains and updates all customer files in roadnet.
- Establishes service or delivery routes.
- Handles all route request and/or changes specified through proper channels.
- Makes necessary changes in computer for equipment and driver updates.
- Communicates with all necessary departments with regards to label runs and invoice releases.
- Provides effective feedback to associates and management using detailed written and oral communications.
- Coordinates with drivers and warehouse management team to ensure on time dispatches.
- Tracks and reports drivers with scheduled and unscheduled time off.
- Tracks DOT hours of service and communicates issues.
- Maintains a good relationship with sales force and customers.
- Assures compliance with all safety procedures, company policies and DOT laws.
- Provides route coverage and shuttle vehicles on property
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: (If it is listed it is a required, unless otherwise noted as Preferred)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3 months related experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and basic use of a desktop PC
- Basic knowledge of DOT laws governing hours of service for CDL drivers.
- Must possess an acceptable MVR for the previous 39 months.
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.