Dairy Delivery Driver - Tucson, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 1900 W Ruthrauff Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Drives truck over established route to deliver products and render services. Collects money from customers and makes change. Regular routes are primarily within a specific geographic territory and will usually be completed within that shift.
- Drives truck to deliver full line of dairy and frozen products on pre determined route
- Delivers and unloads product using delivery equipment and checks product in with customer representative
- Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer receipt
- Resolves customer complaints
- Loads returned products and empty containers in truck by placing in proper temperature zones
- Performs frequent checks of truck settings to maintain product integrity (dairy and ice cream products)
- Performs daily routine vehicle condition report on truck and/or trailer
- Must comply with company policies and D.O.T. regulations
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Candidate must be at least 21 years of age.
- Candidate must have Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for tractor trailer operation
- Candidate must have a good driving record for past 39 months
- 3 months tractor trailer/route delivery experience
- Retail experience in grocery industry preferred
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects/merchandise; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to climb in and out of the trailer/bobtail. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 350+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5296