- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Credit Manager develops, implements, and monitors policies and guidelines directing the operation of all aspects of the credit department to ensure that the goals and objectives of that department are in concert with and supportive of the direction of the corporation and the plans of the division.
- Manages the condition of trade accounts receivable to meet A/R % Sales budget on a yearly basis, setting credit terms for trade accounts and ensuring the overall current condition of those accounts
- Presents and reports results, opportunities and risks to managers throughout the branches and business units
- Manages the credit staff regarding adherence to credit guidelines, PC account reviews, repayment agreements, and problem solving
- Manages the development and maintenance of a strong business relationship with sales, resulting in a mutually beneficial interaction that ensures that Shamrock's trade receivables are as current and secure as possible, and that appropriate business is obtained to meet the division's financial and growth objectives with bad debt write-off no more than; 0.1% of sales volume on a yearly basis
- Meets the yearly departmental expense budget
- Enables communication from the credit department to internal clients and external customers in a timely, professional manner
- Resolves issues to pave the way to efficient collection including for example potential EDI issues, billing issues, disputes.
- Makes appropriate customer calls and visits to best assess and resolve situations and enhance relationships
- Places continuous emphasis on top-grading and development of credit associates to higher skill levels or coaches to other career paths
- Manages the credit department in hiring, training, and monitoring the performance of departmental staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business or accounting and 3+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Strong people skills and team building ability
- Strong communication and negotiating skills that enable both customers and sales to feel that credit understands their needs
- Demonstrated capability in analyzing customer financial situations and providing workable solutions for the mutual benefit of both the customer and Shamrock Foods
- Legal knowledge and experience in the realm of, for example, bankruptcies, litigation, and escheatment. Court room experience is a plus
- Demonstrated capability to calculate figures and amounts such as DSO, A/R as a % to Sales, % Current, net worth, liquidity, debt to equity, cash flow analysis discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and to discern financial trends over time
- Proven experience with project management and process improvement
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7857