Credit and Accounting Clerk - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
Summary & Responsibilities
Conducting activities resulting in the timely collection or resolution of delinquent balances within an assigned portfolio of customers’ accounts receivable is the core of the role performed by the Credit Analyst Level I. Collections of past due balances are pursued through telephone calls, sending copies of invoices, obtaining proofs of delivery, interaction with members of the sales teams and visits to customers.
- Review weekly accounts receivable aging reports to prioritize collection calls
- Call customers with past due balances
- Call volume to average 20-30 calls per day
- Maintain weekly COD warning and delinquent customer notification spreadsheet
- Forward invoice copies to customers and sales representatives as needed
- Answer high volume of incoming calls
- Participate in periodic, scheduled meetings with sales representatives, sales managers, credit supervisor and credit manager
- Keep sales representative informed regarding any delinquent customers within their territory
- Conduct research on billing problems
- Review credit applications for completeness and adequacy of information in order to establish the new customer in the data base
- Recommends credit terms based on review of credit file and credit worthiness of accounts
- Recommends, when circumstances dictate that certain accounts be placed on “cash on delivery” terms of payment
- Informs the sales representatives of any pending change in customer terms
- Understands and adheres to the credit policies and procedures in the collection and reporting of delinquent accounts
- Must be able to weigh decisions with a risk ‘vs’ rewards mentality, negotiate and resolve issues to insure timely payment
- Clerical duties include filing, sorting departmental paperwork and report distribution
- Previous accounting experience to include A/R, A/P, collections, customer service and general clerical exp.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A High school diploma/GED
- A minimum of 2 years of accounting experience, preferably within a distribution business.
- Some college courses in business or accounting preferred
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing