Costing Coordinator II
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Central Costing Coordinator is responsible for accurate and timely cost of goods management through administration of vendor price lists, purchase order (PO) confirmations, and invoice discrepancies in compliance with department policies and procedures.
Administration of vendor price lists:
- Ensure vendors adhere to price change policy with support from Category Managers, as appropriate
- Research current purchasing brackets, making bracket adjustment recommendations to purchasing personnel, as appropriate, to align with vendor price list
- Code Level 1 vendor price list, converting prices for pack size and cost unit of measure (UOM) differences as appropriate
- Upload Level 1 vendor price lists into system, reviewing error report to audit accuracy of upload
Administration of PO confirmations:
- Review PO confirmations to identify variances that could impact cost of goods (cost, freight, pickup allowance) or service level (quantity, ship method, dates)
- Research cost of goods variances to determine correct item cost, freight, and pickup allowance to honor; converting costs for pack size or cost unit of measure (UOM) differences; working with other departments (Logistics, Accounts Payable, Contract Administration, Category Management, Margin Management) as appropriate
- Notify vendor of confirmed costs that will not be honored, advising that the vendor invoices correctly to avoid invoice discrepancies
- Recommend PO related bracket adjustments to Central Costing Analyst to protect cost of goods
- Communicate service level variances to Purchasing personnel, adjusting quantities on the PO as appropriate; record reason for quantity variance, escalating repeat service level issues to Category Management
- Identify opportunities to eliminate future cost of goods or service level variances, working with other departments (Enterprise Data Management, Logistics, Purchasing, Financial Services, Merchandising, Category Management, and IS) as appropriate
- Request PO Confirmations from vendors that fail to confirm pricing, quantities, ship method, and dates within the 48 hour policy window, escalating to Purchasing and Category Management personnel, as appropriate
- Request revised PO Confirmations from vendors that fail to confirm pricing, quantities, ship method, and dates within 24 hours following a PO revision, escalating to Purchasing and Category Management personnel, as appropriate
- Ensure timely communication and quick resolution to cost-related concerns, performing cost corrections as appropriate
- Work with Financial Services and Central Costing Analyst to research and resolve issues causing negative gross profit
Administration of invoice discrepancies:
- Research invoice discrepancies to determine correct costs to honor
- Instruct Accounts Payable whether to pay in full or short pay invoice, performing cost corrections, as appropriate
- Enforce PO Confirmation Policy for vendors that fail to confirm pricing by instructing Accounts Payable to honor the PO cost or invoice cost, whichever is lower, at time of invoice
- Identify root causes and corrective actions to prevent future variances
- Work with Accounts Payable to authorize or deny vendor repay requests
- Daily workload is to be completed within department guidelines, associated with PO confirmation counts, price disagreements, Accounts Payable invoice review and unconfirmed reports invoice discrepancies to determine correct costs to honor
- Level 1 price list uploads are to be completed within the department guidelines, including validations and audits
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Supply Chain, Accounting or other related field; or 2 years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong people skills, with willingness to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills to effectively prioritize and manage workload
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Excel and Outlook
- Abillty to manage workload utilizing various computer platforms/software applications
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6803