Costing Analyst - Senior
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for the cost/financial accounting needs for the division with an emphasis on working with management and operations to ensure accuracy of inventory, analyze and forecast costs, establish and improve inventory controls and increase company profitability and margins.
- Establishing and updating standard costs for manufactured items by working with sales, production and purchasing to accurately distribute costs.
- Partnering with sales and operations on new product modeling and analyzing pricing/costing issues.
- Performing month-end and year-end close activities including review of the general ledger cost of sales, reconciling accounts and preparing journal entries.
- Aiding in the annual budget process by evaluating costs, analyzing variances, preparing analysis and reports.
- Identifying and recommending cost-effective solutions to lower production costs, minimize inventory shortages, and reconcile discrepancies.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, required.
- Four years related cost accounting experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel data mining and modeling skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamix AX financial software is a plus.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, coordination of multiple projects and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic team oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with all levels of management and other departments.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6933