- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Cost Analyst will provide accurate financial and operational analysis for supported departments/teams in a timely manner explaining the impact of the department’s actions on their business results, and suggesting improvements to enhance efficiencies, and reduce waste. In this role the Cost Analyst will also identify, recommend, and implement continuous process improvements to financial reporting and other departmental processes.
- Development and maintenance of accurate product costs for existing and new items
- Auditing of standard cost to ensure accuracy within the costing system
- Evaluate costing processes and adherence to Federal Milk Market regulations.
- Explain production variances and period results to leadership by understanding and connecting operational performance to financial results.
- Propose costing changes and ensuring changes are effectively communicated.
- Work cross functionally to establish processes and procedures to record and report information both internally and externally.
- Assist with leading the period close process which includes maintaining accurate balance sheet accounts.
- Perform analysis for capital expenditures.
- Provide financial and operational analysis for supported departments/teams in a timely manner and explain how their actions impacted results, and suggest process, improvements to enhance efficiencies, and reduce waste.
- Perform inventory control analysis
- Maintain strong internal controls to ensure integrity of financial reporting and safeguarding of assets.
- Continuously evaluate ways to streamline and improve finance department processes.
- Manage and maintain communication and good working relationships with all internal customers
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2-4 years of experience in financial analysis roles directly supporting business leaders
- Proven ability to analyze and translate data into actionable information and associated results
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multi task and problem solve
- Must have demonstrated effective verbal and written
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.