- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Cost Analyst will provide accurate financial and operational analysis for supported departments/teams in a timely manner explaining the impact of the department's actions on their business results, and suggesting improvements to enhance efficiencies, and reduce waste. In this role the Cost Analyst will also identify, recommend, and implement continuous process improvements to financial reporting and other departmental processes.
- Develop and maintain accurate standard production costs
- Bill-of-material (BOM) maintenance
- Analysis of production yields versus standard
- Analysis of labor spending versus standard/ budget
- Partner with inventory control team to monitor inventory receipt accuracy
- Develop timely reporting of production costs versus budget
- Analyze labor productivity by production area
- Lead the annual budgeting and ongoing forecasting of plant production costs
- Monitor aged inventory levels to enable timely resolution of excess inventory
- Understand and communicate the impact of product mix on production costs
- Develop financial justification for plant capital investments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 2-4 years of experience in financial analysis roles directly supporting business leaders
- Proven ability to analyze and translate data into actionable information and associated results
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multi task and problem solve
- Must have demonstrated effective verbal and written
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.