- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 22000 East 38th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Controls Engineer designs and develops and is responsible for projects for the automation control system design, specification, programming, training, testing and implementation and will frequently be in a project technical lead role.
- Designs and develops electrical schematics and equipment controls software applications.
- Evaluates possible courses of conduct after developing options when administering projects for the automation control system
- Principally responsible for ensuring that the automation control system is operational and continually satisfying evolving design standards and technical capabilities
- Regularly makes decisions or recommendations regarding all aspects of the automation control system, including vendors, design objectives, etc.
- Ensures that the automation control system meets short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Interprets electrical and mechanical design drawings.
- Leads various types of maintenance and capital projects for the division as measured by cost control, adherence to project schedules and compliance to standard engineering practices.
- Configures hardware and programs software per application specifications.
- Implements various types of maintenance and capital projects for the division as measured by cost control, adherence to project schedules and compliance to standard engineering practices.
- Writes user manuals for developed programs.
- Inspects and evaluates technician work and responsible for commissioning system start-ups.
- Provides technical and non-manual support to maintenance and operations.
- Independently troubleshoots issues with automated systems and provides technical direction to maintenance and operations.
- Researches and evaluates supplier products.
- Determines materials, supplies, machinery, equipment or tools to be used in maintaining the automation control system.
- May direct a team responsible for the hardware and software maintenance of the control systems for equipment automation.
- Develops and prepares reports and analysis to identify trends and takes appropriate corrective action as measured by PM compliance and equipment uptime.
- Approves and initiates requisitions for materials and supplies within approve spending limit.
- Maintains compliance with local, state and federal codes related to safe maintenance work practices as measured through internal department compliance audits and safety records.
- Responds to emergencies as requested; coordinates activities with other responders; utilization of resources to make the necessary repair in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Directs the work of staff and utilization of resources to make the necessary repair in accost –effective and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position is required. Experience in automated warehousing or manufacturing preferred
- Engineering Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Ability to program, maintain and troubleshoot PLCs, AC & DC drives, various photo-optics, laser scanners, and other field devices associated with control systems.
- Proven track record in standard concepts, practices and procedures for electromechanical maintenance of industrial equipment.
- Must be proficient reading and interpreting wiring schematics.
- Must be proficient in the MS Office Suite software (Project, Word, Excel), CMMS and AutoCAD (or similar).
- Working knowledge of principles involving HMI or SCADA systems.
- Familiar with panel design layout and bill of materials.
- Working knowledge of reporting methods and tools for tracking and managing key performance metrics
- Familiar with OSHA and EPA requirements related to maintenance and projects.
- Ability to train technical and non-technical personnel
- Must be flexible and willing to fulfill the needs of the department which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary of $65,000 to $90,000 depending on competency, experience, qualifications and skills.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.