Controls Engineer Technician
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Utilize electrical, mechanical and controls knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and maintain as well as design and implement modifications to all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery. May be responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software, and must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for electromechanical maintenance of industrial equipment. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks, and works under general, yet limited, supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Works within engineered plans to implement assigned projects, including maintaining a schedule and recommending expenditures within limitations of the project budget.
- Assists in development and implementation of software and hardware modifications to new or existing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting assistance for all equipment controls as it relates to the maintenance of the facility including maintenance and troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLCs.
- May be required to provide reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Will be assigned to specific phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- May be required to develop and provide training programs.
- Evaluates and recommends for approval any design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Work duties may be performed on weekends or holidays to fulfill customer commitments and may be required to be “on-call”.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Strong working knowledge of controls equipment and devices such as AC/DC drives, PLC’s, Servos, HMI and control networks.
- Proficient in the reading and understanding of control and electrical wiring diagrams
- Knowledge and utilization of Shamrock’s computerized maintenance management program.
- Knowledge of AC/DC current, line voltage and low voltage such as 3PH, 48OV, 277V, 24OV, 12V and transformers for equipment and the building.
- Understands operation and function of electrical components such as relays, contactors, starters, fuses, capacitors, and solenoids.
- Able to perform routine carpentry, plumbing, welding, and electrical jobs as assigned.
- Able to monitor report and document the usage and replacement of spare parts.
- Strong working knowledge of standard, safe electrical practices using proven methods and NEC Code.
- Ability to operate metalworking machines, such as bench lathe, milling machine, and drill press to fabricate housings, fittings, jigs, and fixtures, and verifies dimensions.
- Able to assemble electrical components and assemblies, such as conductors, resistors and capacitors.
- Tests assembled instruments for circuit continuity and operational reliability.
- Analyzes test results and repairs or adjusts instruments according to analysis.
- Records test results and writes report on fabrication techniques used.
- Calibrates instruments according to specifications.
- Team player able to work safely with co-workers.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to "treat associates like family and customers like friends."
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6287