Cold Room Supervisor
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Plan, organize and direct warehouse personnel in all phases of the receiving and load out processes to assure the facility operates in a highly efficient manner. A highly efficient manner is one in which utilization rates are constantly being monitored and maintained at as high of a level as possible (100% being the goal). Ensure that the products received, stored and shipped conform to Shamrock-Defined product quality standards, as well as Federal, State and Local standards of product identity, Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Works with Human Resources in handling all associate issues including but not limited to hiring, feedback, disciplinary actions, and termination
- Must maintain a safe environment for all department functions as measured by the safety record, accident free days, lost time days, and total dollars spent
- Coordinates all activities related to warehousing and serves as a source of expertise, measured by expense to sales and total cost per case
- Responsible for maintaining good customer service as measured by our Delivery Service Index (DSI)
- Helps Manager with departmental budgets, which includes staffing, labor, and material handling equipment needs as measured by meeting budget requirements
- Responsible for guiding the pay and benefit plans for warehouse personnel
- Will assist in positive customer resolution of issues and complaints
- Confers with department heads and other internal customers to ensure coordination of warehouse activities, i.e. transportation, inventory control, maintenance, sales, and IS
- Supports, leads teams, and initiates UTR Initiatives as measured by total projects completed, project participation, and total dollars saved
- Maintains a master sanitation schedule for the warehouse
- Ensure compliance for all governmental regulations as well as customer related inspections, to include: FDA, OSHA, HASAP, AIS, Siliker, State, County and Federal inspections, measured by actual and mock audit results
- Responsible for Key measures and indicators, such as but not limited to: Cases per man hour picked, trucks per day, cut reports, relay reports, temporary usage, weekly order fill rates, complaint reports
- Keeps a training matrix and documentation for the required annual training
- Supports the inventory manager as it relates to cycle counts and other related issues
- Responsible for the overseeing of the pallet programs
- Responsible for helping to implement visual production meetings (daily associate meetings)
- Enforces company policies, work rules, as well as standard operating procedures
- Monitors Ceridian to insure associates are following punch in and punch out procedures
- Maintain a professional working relationship with other plant management, customers and vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred; High School Diploma or GED is required
- 5+ years Inventory Control Supervisory or Management experience
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of the food service business and warehouse transaction processing
- Good customer service/personal interaction skills are required
- Familiarity with the Adage Business System (sales, purchasing, and accounting) and Warehouse Management Systems is strongly preferred
- Must be proficient at the following Software:
- Technical skills:
- Reporting methods, tools
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Must be flexible in work schedule, which includes overnights, weekends, holidays, and travel when needed
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.