Gold Canyon Meat - Chicken Cutter Lead
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Works with the Poultry team in the bulk or individual processing, wrapping and boxing of products from the production line and prepares product for delivery to customers.
- Lead and directs department personnel; working in conjunction with daily task responsibilities
- Trains new employees on the packaging machine
- Verify wrapping quality
- Review and increases quantity of product to be wrapped
- Cleans and prepares equipment and assures packing materials are available and ready to meet production needs
- Uses scale to weigh products and portions for individual servings
- Works with Shipping and Receiving
- Coordinates Poultry Production with Packaging
- Verifies that HACCP are filled out and accurate
- Verifies poultry employees follow GMPS
- Cuts and trims Chicken to size for display or as ordered by customer
- Cuts, trims, and bones carcass sections of Chicken, to reduce to cooking cuts such as breasts, whole birds, stew cubes, and grinding meat. Performs cuts on Chicken using a Poultry saw
- Cuts and weighs breasts and whole birds for individual servings
- Places chicken in containers to be wrapped by other workers
- Other duties may be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2 years related experience/training
- Must have the ability of using cutting utensils
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Self-motivated multi-task abilities required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Proven success with customer interface
- Ability to work in team environment and in collaborative manner
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.