Chemical Sales Specialist
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 12400 Riverside Drive
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Represents and sells products for Shamrock Beverage Solutions and supports the chemical category of Shamrock Foods Company to the primary foodservice channels of restaurants, hotels/resorts, colleges/universities, and businesses/institutions. This role operates approximately 80% in the field and 20% in the office. This position works in a fast paced and ever-changing environment where attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive are extremely important to achieving company sales goals.
- Regularly contacts customer base by phone and/or traveling through assigned territory to solicit orders.
- Contact prospective beverage and chemical customers to solicit orders, grow business at a rapid pace, and establish new relationships.
- Displays or demonstrates beverage and chemical products, using samples and catalog, while emphasizing customer profitability, product quality, equipment, and support features.
- Quotes prices, credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained directly and in support of the broader Shamrock Foods sales force.
- Performs collections, order guide maintenance, and order entry for assigned territory.
- Manages date of installations and training to customers based on thorough knowledge of the beverage and chemical portfolio of products
- Provide sales support in the beverage category.
- Sales response expected to support any beverage needs or concerns.
- Delivers beverage presentations, light equipment installations, and preventative maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-year minimum Foodservice Sales or related experience required.
- Current driver's license and auto insurance required.
- Multiple years of dispensed beverage sales experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year university preferred.
- Must be able to use a laptop.
- Mathematic Skills: must be able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages .
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays .
- Must live in or near to assigned territory or be willing to relocate.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.