- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Cheese Cook is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through batching and processing of various product families following regulatory standards, ensuring the product and process is clean and sterile. The Cheese Cook is also responsible for maintaining and cleaning all equipment in assigned area.
- Obtain samples of product and bring to Quality Assurance to test
- Test, monitor and batch all products in accordance to established procedures and policies.
- Manufacture cottage cheese to specifications and formula
- Manufacture sour cream to specifications and formula
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
- Ensure curd is over and processed as soon as possible to protect curd freshness and texture.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Monitor machinery and equipment to assure it is operating properly and make minor mechanical adjustments when necessary.
- Set up tanks and line circuits for CIP, test chemicals and make adjustments as needed. Once completed reassemble items so they are ready for use.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Other duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum One Year of Experience
- Familiarity with all applicable cheese making equipment a plus
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to able lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Able to work in a cold and wet environment for prolonged periods of time.
- Fluency in English; speak, read and write
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.