Gold Canyon Meat Sales Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Manages (COP) sales activities of organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Develops and implements (COP) strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Thorough knowledge of USDA guidelines and practices for the Meat Plant.
- Achieve the C.O.P. sales and gross margin of meat, poultry and seafood product segments of the Division
- Must have extensive product knowledge in Center Of the Plate.
- Coordinates activities with production to ensure proper execution of customers specifications.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Advises vendors, distributors, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Assigns sales territory to sales representatives.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist vendors in promoting sales.
- Directs product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote products
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Directs product research and development.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for research and development work.
- A/R Involvement with DSR and customers.
Directly supervises 3 to 5 employees in the Sales Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.