CDL Driver Trainer
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The CDL Trainer is responsible for educating drivers on safety, DOT regulations, and obtaining their commercial driver’s license.
- Assists in preparing training schedules for probationary drivers as measured through the CDL program.
- Must be able to lead and conduct training regimen for Safety Programs, New Hire Class, Third Party CDL, and regulated and non-regulated compliance programs.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and coach drivers to ensure their success within the company environment
- Maintains and supports department processes (i.e. Night Drop Program, Driver Metrics, Accident Reporting, etc.) to meet department objectives.
- Coaches new drivers on pre-trip, post-trip, CDL testing, and delivery technologies.
- Perform road tests for applying candidates.
- Must comply and educate new hires on company policies and D.O.T. regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Candidate must be at least 21 years of age.
- Candidate must have Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for tractor trailer operation
- Candidate must have a good driving record for past 39 months
- 3+ years tractor trailer/route delivery experience
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.