CDL Driver Trainee
- Requisition ID
- 5005 Kalamath Street
Summary & Responsibilities
Summary: Drives truck over established route to safely and efficiently deliver products and render services. Collects money from customers and makes change. Driver will load and/or unload product at various locations primarily within a specific geographic territory and will usually be completed within that shift.
- Drives truck to deliver such items as perishable foods, table top items, special equipment and frozen foods
- Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer receipt
- Informs customers of new products or services and issues sales promotion materials
- Resolves customer complaints
- Loads returned products and empty containers in truck by placing in proper temperature zones
- Performs daily routine vehicle condition report on truck and/or trailer
- Must comply with company policies and D.O.T. regulations
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Candidate must be at least 21 years of age.
- Candidate must have a Commercial Driver’s License/Permit (CDL) for Class B or Class A vehicles
- Candidate must have a good driving record for past 39 months
- Candidates will be required to complete the CDL A Driver Training Program that is provided by the company within the scheduled time
- 1+ year relevant experience
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5192