CDL B Driver (Entry Level) Dairy
Delivery Driver to safely and efficiently operate Class B motor carrier equipment to deliver product and render services to customers over an established route. Driver will load and/or unload product at various locations under various conditions.
- Drives truck to deliver full line of food products to pre-determined customers on a pre-determined route.
- Unloads product from delivery equipment, delivers product, and checks product in with customer representative.
- Listens to and assists in resolving service complaints. Places stock in proper temperature zones.
- Rotates and stocks product as needed and/or required.
- Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer receipt.
- Communicates with dispatch, supervisors and other drivers to ensure safe and on time arrivals at destinations.
- Checks refer to settings to maintain product integrity.
- Obtains customer signature on receipt for delivery.
- Collects or picks-up empty containers and/or rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Informs regular customers of new products or services.
- Cleans inside of truck.
- Performs daily routine vehicle condition report on truck and/or trailer.
- Performs frequent temperature checks to ensure product integrity.
- Must comply with company policies and D.O.T. regulations.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail experience in grocery industry is preferred.
- The candidate must be at least 21 years of age. Must have a clean driving record for past 39 months
- Must have a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Class B.
- Must be able to use a two-wheeler hand truck.
- Hand-held electronic data entry device skills helpful.
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated team player abilities.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to complete required paperwork for Shamrock and DOT.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public and respond to official inquiries
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.