- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Category Manager develops key strategies to drive category performance across the enterprise with full ownership of the financial results within the assigned categories. Primary responsibilities are managing key supplier relationships, program negotiation, analysis of product assortment including SKU development or rationalization, cost/price analysis to drive total gross profit and sales growth.
- Negotiate VMA agreements and the on-going management of IMA/Shamrock RFP’s. Review supplier proposals and negotiate agreements to support the category success.
- Manage and provide detailed analysis of assigned category performance. Analysis will focus on the areas of product assortment, pricing (branch cost), promotions, price changes, etc.
- Monitor weekly reports and scorecards to track category performance and identify opportunities against established metrics with the emphasis on improvement in rate per case (RPC) metric balanced with category growth objectives.
- Evaluate category performance at both the Enterprise and Branch level. Modify category strategies as needed to drive overall category performance, including sales growth and improved total gross profit. Benchmark category performance with top industry competitors.
- Identify gaps in EB portfolio and monitor market trends to identify assortment opportunities. Partner directly with IMA to accelerate EB product development. Ensure Exclusive Brand products are primary consideration in the development and implementation of category strategy.
- Lead the Right Product Initiative (RPI) analysis and identify best category opportunities to include in execution calendar with Branches.
- Collaborate with Branches to tailor category management strategies to leverage opportunities and implement strategies.
- Review category pricing strategy to identify defendable pricing issues and assess upside margin opportunities. Gatekeeper in approvals of net cost worksheets and Market Medium weekly rate assignments.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 3+ years of relevant experience of foodservice experience or equivalent in the area of merchandising, category management, and/or marketing
- Four-year college degree in business or related field preferred
- Must possess the ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment and work effectively across multiple groups and levels.
- The successful candidate will have solid quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to work in a team setting, drive team results and support change management with the organization.
- Must possess, or be able to rapidly develop, a strong knowledge of products within assigned category.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills required.
- Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Microsoft Outlook.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.