Category Manager - Dairy Maid
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Category Manager within the Dairy Maid division drives category performance through detailed analysis of product assortment, pricing change analysis, including historical changes and future forecasting, vendor proposals and agreements. The position is focused on optimization of category activities to include new product review, assortment review, vendor negotiations, and pricing work.
- Manage the analysis; negotiate agreements, and the on-going management of the IMA/Shamrock RFP's. Throughout the course of supplier negotiations this position will review vendor proposals, negotiate agreements to support the category success.
- Manage and provide detailed analysis of assigned category performance. Analysis will focus on the areas of product assortment, pricing (branch cost), promotions, price changes, etc. Maintain reports to track performance and identify opportunities against established metrics.
- Analyze and monitor category performance at an Enterprise and Branch level. Based on analysis, recommend adjustments to category strategies as required to drive overall category performance, including sales growth and improved total gross profit. Benchmark category performance with top industry competitors.
- Collaborates with Branches to tailor category management strategies to leverage opportunities and implement strategies.
- Review the pricing in the category to identify issues and opportunities.
- Review, approve and maintain the cost change template with the suppliers.
- Identify gaps in EB portfolio and monitor market trends to identify product development opportunities. Ensure Exclusive Brand products are primary consideration in the development and implementation of category strategy.
- Monitor and negotiate with suppliers on selected program agreements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Food industry.
- Four-year college degree in business or related field preferred.
- Must possess the ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment and work effectively across multiple groups and levels.
- The successful candidate will have solid quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to work in a team setting, drive team results and support change management with the organization. Must possess, or be able to rapidly develop, a strong knowledge of products within assigned category.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills required.
- Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Microsoft Outlook. Access a plus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7420