Category Buyer (Foodservice Warehouse)
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Category Buyer is accountable for driving profitable sales growth across their respective categories within Shamrock’s Foodservice Warehouse division. Primary responsibilities also include creating customer-focused merchandising and marketing plans for both in-store and online, identifying and capitalizing on market trends, and developing sustainable business processes.
- Achieves category sales and profit goals in accordance with the corporate budget
- Forecasts and tracks their category’s weekly financial performance and translates insights into action in order to continuously improve sales and profit outcomes
- Leverages internal and external resources to strategically position their categories within each market by capitalizing on emerging trends and strengthening our competitive advantage
- Develops and implements an omni-channel merchandising strategy that provides our customers with the right assortment in the right markets at the right price.
- Creates compelling advertising plans focused on attracting new customers, driving incremental trips, and building loyalty to Shamrock’s Family of Brands and exclusive brands
- Collaborates closely with our internal Foodservice teams to execute limited-time-only offers that generate incremental sales and profit
- Actively listens to store feedback and uses their insights to optimize assortment, pricing, and replenishment decisions
- Champions sustainable processes and procedures to ensure that we are building a strong foundation to accelerate future expansion of the business into new markets
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of relevant experience in merchandise buying, category management or e-commerce retail
- Strong financial, strategic, and planning skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical, decision-making, and organization skills
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, uncertainty and changing directions
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Outlook)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access preferred
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.