- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Category Analyst is responsible for supporting the Senior Category Manager on several key areas: Perform Product Rationalizations (Market Baskets) to support new business opportunities, negotiate and maintain Supplier Contracts, Cost Analysis conversions with existing customers, and follow through on conducting customer product cuttings. Additional support to the Category Management team with Right Product Initiative conversions and Defendable Pricing.
- Deliver data-driven performance analysis and meaningful insights (trends, financial analysis, metrics development and tracking), leveraging data source mining and data analysis
- Prepare new prospect Product Rationalizations through a product mapping/cost analysis process in support to Lines of Business for all proactive customer proposals, onboarding, and requests for proposals (RFP’s).
- Support Senior Category Manager in Supplier Contract Negotiations
- Support the Category Management team with Right Product Initiatives by demonstrating a cost savings analysis
- Support Category Management team with Defendable pricing by identifying Exclusive Brand prices that are internally uncompetitive
- Lead the Product Mapping project through building the database, training, and creating Product Rationalizations within the program.
- Track and document all Product Rationalizations and Shamrock Right Product Initiative conversions.
- Assist with Product Reviews and Analysis
- Maintain monthly expiring Supplier Contracts
- Set quarterly goals that tie to Category Management & corporate strategies. Use Shared Performance as a tracking tool to document.
- Continue to create and improve all Standard Operating Processes.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience required.
- The successful candidate will have solid quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to work in a team setting.
- Must have advance MS Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables)
- Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Word and Power Point as well as Microsoft Outlook. Prior experience with Microsoft Access would be beneficial
- Great attention to detail is an absolute must for this role
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6782