Calf Barn Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 40034 West Clayton Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Calf Barn Manager is responsible for the daily care, health, and maintenance of all newborn calves at the dairy. (S)he must have exceptional skills in identifying issues with calves and a solid understanding of best calf protocols, treatment and diseases, keeping excellent records, good verbal and written communication skills and some supervisory experience. (S)he is a vital member of a team dedicated to providing a healthy calf environment. This position provides hands-on experience in many of the following areas: loading in/out of animals, feeding animals, animal housing sanitation, and record keeping.
- Display a high level of respect to team members and animals.
- Ensure appropriate daily milk and grain feedings to all young animals.
- Maintain and update all department records to meet requirement standards
- Ensure administration of all sanitation procedures for clean equipment and tools used by animals.
- Lead and develop a team to accomplish daily department work requirements and farm goals.
- Ensure all Calf feeders and Calf treaters complete and comprehend all training as directed by farm leadership.
- Ensure all tasks in a completed to standard as trained by farm leadership.
- Ensure all calf feeding are prepared and delivered as scheduled. Calves are raised in hutches, fed pasteurized milk, and milk replacer 3 times a day via bottles
- Maintain all bio-security standards.
- Ensure all safety regulations are enforced.
- Abide by all company policies, rules and safety regulations as directed on each site.
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree; or three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required; Agriculture-based major is preferred.
- 3+ years previous livestock handling experience
- 1+ years previous supervisory experience
- Must have a desire to work with calves
- Must be highly dependable and have a solid work history
- Must have a demonstrated ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Proficiency in spoken Spanish preferred.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds. This job does require to work outdoors and the ability to walk throughout the shift.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7868