Business Development Manager (Northern Region)
- Requisition ID
- Location : City
- Fort Collins
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Develop business and sell products for Shamrock Foods to hotels, restaurants, resorts and institutional establishments or individuals at sales office or customer's place of business by performing the following duties.
- Work with Sales team and proactively identify, qualify, and acquire new & lost business opportunities
- Prospects and develops profitable new & lost customers using a systematic approach which includes customer potential/stratification
- Responsible for producing and presenting Prime Vendor proposals to prospective customers
- Relationship building - Develop and maintain ongoing working relationships with DSR, DSM, RSM & Customer
- Capability of successfully and professionally delivering presentations to qualified customers
- Develop and implement strategic Business Development sales plan to achieve company goals
- Consult with the customer to identify and define customers business needs, determine a solution, develop ROI proposal presentation for customer review and acceptance and identify a DSR to eventually service the customer
- Track updates on progress and measure/evaluate performance
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year university preferred
- 5+ years of foodservice distribution/sales or related field
- 5+ years management of people and processes
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance required; expectation of 75% field and 25% office
- Must be able to use a laptop
- Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry; be able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Actively pursue continuous leaning of industry knowledge to ensure selection and delivery of best insights for usage with prospective qualified customers
- Understanding of economic drivers and how to apply these to a customer’s situation
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6384