The Business Analyst will be responsible for building executive level analysis; providing business analytics and insights; category, brand, competitive, channel and customer performance reviews, pricing and promotional strategy analysis; and forecasting sales associated with brands, customers, products, and/or sales channels/categories. This is achieved by creating and maintaining monthly reporting and projection models for products and customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from Sales, Marketing, customers, and syndicated consumer data. This role is part of the marketing department and will directly support the brand management/marketing and sales teams and work cross functionally with all departments including finance, supply chain and operations. Ideal candidate is someone who enjoys the adventure of clue hunting through data and digging below the surface to identify core drivers and translate into action. This position will report to Director of Insights & Analytics.
- Design and generate weekly and monthly reports based on category and brand performance, historical sales, market trends, seasonality, and promotions to support decision-making
- Serve as a subject matter expert to develop Power BI Dashboards for the team in alignment with sales and marketing objectives and initiatives
- Perform both product and customer segmentation analysis to determine appropriate focus areas
- Develop marketing models to determine the impact of marketing, retail price elasticity and promotional lift
- Identify key insights for marketing and sales team based on analytics and reporting
- Support upper management and executives in building robust and credible presentations and data visualizations for senior level meetings
- Support sales team to build annual budget models & monthly forecasting to support S&OP process and analyze retail sales vs forecast
- Work with brand management team on product life cycle initiatives - provide analytics support with Brand Management and R&D teams to understand market potential for new product
- Partner with brand and sales management teams on presentations containing critical information to make recommendations for new and existing products and customers.
- Identify and develop process improvements to enhance efficiencies and improve profitability
- Lead internal training and education sessions as needed to support the use of analytics with the sales and marketing team
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in data analytics, data science, statistics, information systems, supply chain, finance or highly analytical field preferred
- 1 years of experience working with statistical data modeling or related data visualization; can be an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert on Excel, experience in various mathematical and statistical functions, Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and Macros
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Outlook, Word)
- Demonstrated expertise working with big data and visualization tools including PowerBI
- Proficient in DAX/DAX 365
- Intermediate to advanced MS SQL experience
- Strong ability and desire to work both independently and cross-functionally across multiple departments
- Ability to think fast and react in a fast paced, results driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and relationship building skills
- Must have the ability to self-manage workload and handle multiple tasks and work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.