Branch Trade Marketing Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 12400 Riverside Drive
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
At Shamrock Foods, we go Beyond Delivery. As a family business and leader in food service distribution throughout the Western United States, Shamrock Foods has a proven track record serving a variety of customers across independent restaurants, national accounts, healthcare and more. We’re looking for a Branch Marketing Manager to join our passionate, sales driven and entrepreneurial team. The Branch Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of the annual Broadline foodservice marketing plan to increase customer sales and accelerate market share growth. This includes driving Shamrock exclusive brand strategies, local market vendor and broker management, branch level sales promotions, and customer sales events. The ideal candidate is proactive with a strong ability to negotiate, has the ability to work in a cross functional environment to drive initiatives, and harnesses leadership skills to help drive sales growth.
- Support branch sales and profit growth in respective area of responsibility/geography
- Develop and execute an annual branch marketing plan that supports and is aligned with both branch objectives and with the overall Broadline SBU plan
- Support the enterprise & lead execution of branch level promotions and events ensuring successful enterprise EXPO, vendor fairs, trips and promotions
- Meet and exceed Branch growth and profitability objectives with Branch promotions
- Support the Branch Associate Marketing Manager in the execution of the EXPO promotions.
- Work with the enterprise Director of Brand Management to support Excusive Brand initiatives and Right Product Initiatives (RPI) rollouts; Execute RPI go to market strategies
- Meet and exceed growth and conversions goals
- Work with Branch Leadership, to determine opportunities to drive sales including providing leadership for any necessary programs and materials; This includes support of Sales Associate recognition programs, DSR and/or Customer Loyalty program, sales training and materials development in conjunction with enterprise marketing communications team
- Make sure brand messaging both internal and external is being articulated on a local level and in alignment with the enterprise marketing campaign; Included in this is management and support with local community events in alignment with the enterprise vision
- Develop supplemental activities to guarantee branch success in meeting financial objectives and aligned with enterprise objectives; Included in this is working with Marketing Manager
- Supplier Programs to develop the local vendor marketing plan annually and assist in selling the various activities;
- Meet and exceed financial budget goals and objectives
- Ensure alignment with the Enterprise initiatives
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Marketing Directors, Associate Marketing Manager, and the Branch Sales Leaders to develop the annual Broadline SBU event & promotional plan
- Provide ad hoc support to corporate marketing initiatives as needed
- Manage and develop the Associate Marketing Manager
- Manage the branch marketing budgets to FY approved spending and gross profit plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field and 5+ years’ experience in marketing, events and promotions; and/or combination of equivalent education and experience; Experience within Broadline Foodservice Industry is a plus
- Strong organizational, time management, multi-tasking, presentation, communication, analytical, budgeting, project management and planning skills required.
- Experience in working with and providing support to sales teams
- Proven experience in developing promotions and events that drive incremental sales
- Ability to think creatively & bring innovative solutions to the branch and enterprise teams
- Track record of success in putting together forward-thinking plans
- Strong understanding of relevant business environment and understanding of factors, trends & issues
- Microsoft office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, and strong negotiation skills
- Brings passion, participation and point of view to the table
- Team first attitude and approach and ability to foster a collaborative environment. Experience in working and leading cross functional teams and in a matrix managed environment
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.