Branch Sales Training Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Ensures maximum effectiveness of sales force and field sales managers by executing Enterprise Sales Training programs at the branch level. Has strong technical knowledge of the organization's products, services and sales techniques. Works with senior sales managers to ensure that training programs are focused on maximizing sales revenue and profitability. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, with efforts aligned to Enterprise Sales Training Goals and Objectives.
- Responsible for training the sales force and maintaining sales facilities measured by Branch Goals/Initiatives in a manner consistent with Enterprise Sales Training programs and procedures
- Responsible for presenting and training against established and effective sales training methods, techniques, and ideas in line with the ASTD Competency Model
- Assists with the development and training of new courses associated with the introduction of new products and services measured by Branch Goals/Initiatives
- Responsible for constantly improving the sales training process measured by Branch Goals/Initiatives
- Responsible for preparing budget for department and accountable for return on training investment, tracking new hire contribution and retention of associates trained
- Develop assessment tools for new and existing sales associates and District Sales Managers
- Define core sales competencies and thresholds to standards in sales support associates. Identify gaps and train to standards
- Perform administrative duties to support Sales Training such as managing Sales Training calendar, building agendas, creating presentations, ordering supplies, printing class materials, booking meeting rooms, communicating to participants, coordinating tours and presentations by subject matter experts, ordering beverages and coordinating meals, setting up projectors, flip charts and other necessary training support materials, etc.
- Identify and leverage subject matter experts to enable engaging, effective peer-led and peer-assisted training
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university is preferred; with five years of industry trainer experience and five years’ sales management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to effect change: identify opportunities, research solutions, request resources, sustain results.
- Strong verbal / written communication skills
- Must be proficient Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7103