Branch Category Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 12400 Riverside Drive
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Branch Category Manager develops local category strategies and manages execution of enterprise category strategies on a local level. Based on analysis the Branch Category Manager will monitor, analyze and adjust category strategies to drive category performance at a local level.
- Responsible for product lifecycle in Branch which includes reviewing product assortment and gauging product penetration, noting slow or dead SKUs as well as growth opportunities.
- Responsible for profitable sales growth for all categories in their branch and EB growth as well as the execution at the branch of enterprise category strategies (RPI, Conversions, etc.)
- Ensure Shamrocks maintains its competitive position in the market through regular reviews of product pricing and collaborating with enterprise category management and margin management teams to execute pricing changes.
- Serve as “Gatekeeper” for new item set up process. Ensure local needs are met, alignment with category strategies and appropriate tracking is in place and performance expectations are met for each item.
- Maintain lead role in consistently gathering local market data (including trends) through feedback and intelligence from LOB leaders, sales team, customers, brokers and vendor partners.
- Establish, maintain and manage relationships with new and existing local suppliers. Serve as the primary relationship holder and lead in negotiations that delivers competitive programs that align with the Shamrocks overall category and brand strategies.
- Facilitate product training and new product introductions with specialists and sales team. Ensure product/brand message is in alignment with overall Shamrock Foods strategy. Work closely with the category, LOB leaders and sales teams to identify accounts and categories and their potential product opportunities.
- Request new items, as needed, to finalize local assortment, determine DWOs, and create conversion plans. Ensure branch product assortment is in alignment with enterprise category strategy and work to reduce SKU duplication. Ensure all local customer needs are met and are aligned with the enterprise strategies
- Primary point of contact at the branch for all product related inquiries (costs, specifications, etc.)
- Liaison between bid team and local sales team leaders
- Facilitate product rationalization process
- Perform Market basket analysis and Customer order guide development
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years progressive professional experience in a foodservice environment
- Demonstrated hands-on leadership with strong collaboration and execution.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong financial acumen related to costs and margin management
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.