Blow Mold Operator
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Blow Mold Operator is responsible for operating plastic blow molding machines and making necessary adjustments to ensure production of containers is made in a safe, efficient and high quality manner.
- Monitor conveyor lines for damaged bottles.
- Operate bagger and debagger stations.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repair of blow mold equipment.
- Monitor empty bottle weights and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Perform changeovers
- Use the pallet jack to move pallets of cartons into the plant
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area and follow all required work safe practices.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Train others on blow mold operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months related experience required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to able to stand, walk, push or pull a majority of the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment with some exposure dust, gas or fumes.
- Fluency in English; speak, read and write
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.