Bid Specialist - National Accounts
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Bid Specialist - National Accounts is responsible supporting new customer bids, identifying equivalent products in our portfolio and providing contract pricing to enable our Account Executives win new business
- Match competitor items to our portfolio of products and identify best substitutes and pricing for the bid process.
- Support the positioning of e-brands into the bids and help convert customers from contracted products to Shamrock Exclusive Brands to increase customer penetration, revenue, and profitability.
- Support the on-boarding of GPO customers
- Verify applications
- Provide accurate information to Contract Administration
- Ensure accurate GPO pricing
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) pricing solutions (contracts and deviations).
- Conduct scheduled GPO and customer-specific audits and business reviews of pricing agreements to ensure accuracy.
- Analyze sales data to identify trends and work with vendors to ensure aligned pricing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance/Accounting or related field preferred
- One plus years of experience in finance or contract management
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills and problem-solving expertise.
- Exceptional attention to detail required.
- Ability to calculate mark-ups, discounts and percentages.
- Ability to effectively present detailed data/information and respond to questions (verbally and written) from managers, account executives and customers.
- Demonstrated expertise in Excel and proficiency in other Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.