Bid Department Supervisor
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Business Services
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Supervises all aspects and activities of the bid department and bid coordinators.
- Oversees and evaluates, new bid opportunities.
- Coordinates bid awards with purchasing data for sales.
- Trains bid coordinators on all bid processes to assure uniformity.
- Directs bid profit forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Establishes training, schedules and performance reviews of the bid coordinators.
- Attends bid openings, if appropriate.
- Develops and maintains RFP sales documents used in RFP/bid responses.
- Represent company at customer meetings and at trade association meetings to promote product and Company.
- Continued personal development/education according to change in the industry and customer trends.
- Meet with vendors for bid process reviews as it relates to overall customer profitability and satisfaction.
- Displays or demonstrates product knowledge to accurately bid items.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts as needed.
- Coordinate price increase process, given terms of bids.
- Oversees daily and overall product gross profit of School Segment Customers via Neg GP report and takes corrective action.
- Responsible for positive customer and vendor relations.
- Serve as the communication link between Company, customer and potential third party.
- Oversees the coordination of all pricing activities with contract admin (bid set up, net pricing, utilization of VMA, freight rates, utilization of bracket pricing, USDA food pricing, and audit process.
- USDA Foods- coordinates pricing, master catalog, SEPDS and manufacturing pricing for all appropriate states.
- Facilitates category management by developing a coding catalog for all top items/vendors utilized in bids including USDA foods, in coordination with enterprise supply chain.
- Collaborate with Sales Supervisor on vendor/manufacturer training.
- Coordinates Bid Recap analysis with Sales.
- Recommends pricing strategy for bids with School Supervisor and Regional Manager.
- Assigns scheduled bids and price increases.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Problem solving - the ability to read problems, offer solutions.
- Relationship building - both internal and external.
- Communication - articulate clear objectives, customer interaction.
- Presentation - new accounts, representing company, etc.
- Leadership skills - flexibility to deal with wide assortment of individuals. Have empathy, motivate others and communicate common vision
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.