This position is responsible for preparing and completing all school bids on behalf of Shamrock Foods Company ensuring customer pricing accuracy/competitiveness and company profitability.
- Reviews all school bid requests outlining key information and RFP (Request for Purchase) specifications
- Prepare Branch-specific school bids for all Shamrock locations, working cross functionally with other internal departments to compile all required data
- Responsible for the accuracy of data through auditing
- Manage Vendor/Broker relationships coordinating price requests and all necessary documentation
- Code Contracts and Product Matching
- Handle all Vendor Price Increase notifications and Vendor Discrepancies
- Monitor item changes and manage external (customer) and internal (cross functional) communication
- Run and Analyze reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or two years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Ability to understand RFPs, nutritional’s, formulation data sheets, Child Nutrition Labels, NOI (commodities), and School Pricing Modules considering market variances
- A strong background in purchasing, contract administration, pricing deviations/billbacks and sales experience is a plus
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, ability to multitask, works well in a fast-paced environment, excellent communication skills
- Able to follow detailed Standard Operating Procedures
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!