BI Solution Architect
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Information Systems
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The BI Solution Architect is responsible for guiding the development of the analytics platform and driving a data modernization initiative to reinvent the organization’s data & analytics landscape. As a vital leader within the enterprise Data & Analytics Team, (s)he will be responsible for data architecture, pipelines, storage, integration and data modeling strategies that will ensure innovative data solutions and empower the enterprise with critical insights.
- Provide the strategic and technical leadership to build an innovative modern data platform from the ground up
- Actively mentor data engineers and analysts, promote data literacy throughout the organization while continually seeking out opportunities where data can positively influence business outcomes
- Work closely with teammates, business users and cross-functional IT partners to lead in the identification, planning, prioritizing, design, development, implementation and continuous evolution of all Data Warehousing and BI initiatives
- Provide expert thought leadership in the development and implementation of data governance policies and processes
- Partner with stakeholders to accelerate the organization’s overall data capabilities and provide the means for increasingly sophisticated uses of data across the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics or another quantitative discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of technical experience as a Data/BI Engineer or related in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or a related field
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and modern data warehousing principles
- Data analysis proficiency and experience managing data tools, creating and maintaining data models and solving complex business problems by manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Advanced cloud development experience using Azure, Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake or similar
- Ability to develop partnerships across different functional teams with a desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be sometimes include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects using big data technologies
- Strong programming skills using advanced statistical tools (R, Python, SAS, etc.) with ability to manipulate data for analytical purposes, conduct statistical data analysis, and build predictive models.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and process-driven, with an orientation toward continuous process improvement
- Proven ability to drive each project to completion with minimal guidance while effectively managing multiple projects at a time.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.