Automation Engineering Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Automation Engineering Manager plans, directs, and coordinates site activities concerned with the design, procurement, modification, repair and maintenance of all equipment, including batching, processing, filling, packaging, building, and utility systems associated with an automated beverage manufacturing facility. This position will provide the technical expertise to maintain and improve all aspects of automated systems including the ability to develop and maintain PLC programs, PLC to PC interface systems, SCADA systems, various motion and photoelectric control applications, and AC/DC drive systems. The position will be directly responsible for multiple capital projects and will also provide direction, coaching, guidance and development for the automated site maintenance staff and is responsible for the development and administration of the equipment/building maintenance budget and capital improvement program.
- Direct staff to troubleshoot all mechanical and electrical issues including but not limited to PLCs, various motion controls, multi-axis servos, SCADA systems, AC/DC drives, electronics, PLC to PC interface systems, pneumatics and photoelectric/laser controls.
- Review existing processes and recommend innovative methods for improving utilization of the equipment and the maintenance personnel and other resources.
- Work with system and equipment vendors, as well as outside automation resources, for the automated site and establish standards and practices for all aspects of the equipment design, operation and repair as measured by Preventive Maintenance compliance and equipment downtime.
- Work with IT team to ensure all networking standards are being adhered to for new and existing equipment. Also work with contractors to ensure network traffic is controlled and accessible by outside OEMs.
- Manage the design and construction of facility and system upgrade projects.
- Plan and administer the equipment and capital budget for the automated site as measured by variance to the budget.
- Coordinate and effectively communicate project activities with other departments to ensure that the Branch objectives are being met.
- Communicate with senior level management as needed providing information pertaining to the facility maintenance and capital projects.
- Develop, manage and implement department goals and objectives.
- Assist maintenance management and plant management to ensure that the automated site maintenance department is properly staffed and that all maintenance staff are properly trained to meet current and future maintenance organization demands.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal codes related to safe work practices as measured through internal department compliance audits and safety records.
- Work with maintenance team to ensure proper CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) and spare parts inventory is adequate for business needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience within a manufacturing facility; liquid processing and filling experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with PLC programs, PLC to PC interface systems, SCADA systems, various motion and photoelectric control applications, and AC/DC drive systems.
- 1+ years in an engineering leadership position
- Knowledge of SCADA and HMI platforms including for example FactoryTalk, Wonderware, Ignition
- Knowledge of Rockwell software and hardware
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the understanding of principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment related to the design and use of industrial equipment, controls and automation.
- Excellent working knowledge of associated industry and regulatory guidance documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to successfully supervise and manage engineers, technicians, contractors and vendors through positive motivation of individuals and teams.
- Working knowledge of reporting methods and tools for tracking and managing key performance indicators.
- Fluent in software packages such as MS Office Suite (Project, Word, Excel) and Email.
- Familiar with AutoCAD and CMMS
- Proven ability to manage large scale maintenance budgets and capital projects
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.