Assistant Store Manager II
- Requisition ID
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Assistant Manager II, assists the Assistant Store Manager I and the Store Manager in in the daily operation of the store which includes achieving profit goals and training, directing and monitoring all associates
- Drives the sales and gross profit goals for the store for the assigned store
- Review P& L and expense report for business opportunities
- Support the delivery of continuous operational and financial improvements within the store
- Ensure every customer has a positive shopping experience
- Support Merchandising, Operations, Customer Service and Human Resources.
- Manages the Inventory Control process to ensure appropriate inventory levels.
- Develops and Implements new processes and procedures
- Purchases store equipment and supplies
- Trains Shift Manager and Inventory Control Specialist and all new store associates
- Provides Supervision and development opportunities for associates in assigned area
- Responsible for sales calls on potential new customers and supporting growth of existing customer business
- Assist in the development of creative plans to increase store sales including implement planned sales promotion activities
- Support the management of store expense control and payroll to optimize business
- Staffs, train, develop and assist in the supervision of all Store Associates, Shift Managers and Inventory Control Specialists
- Assist with preparation of work schedules
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable food safety rules and regulations
- Conducts field sales meetings to new and existing customers
- Travels to existing and new stores for management coverage and special projects
- May act as Store Manager in Manager’s absence
- Celebrate and recognize successful moments everyday
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of merchandising/retail grocery experience or 1+ year managing store inventory
- 1+ year supervising direct reports preferred
- Degree preferred
- Able to stock merchandise weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and follow through skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making and financial analysis skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be open to promotional relocation in the Southwestern United States.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.