Assistant Store Manager I
The Assistant Manager I assists the Store Manager in the daily operation of the store, serving as the Store Manager when the Store Manager is not present. The Assistant Manager I is responsible for achieving profit goals and training, directing and monitoring all associates
- Drives the sales and gross profit goals for the assigned store
- Supports the delivery of continuous operational and financial improvements within the store
- Ensures every customer has a positive shopping experience
- Partners with Merchandising, Operations, Customer Service and Human Resources with decision-making in each of these functional areas
- Responsible for sales calls on potential new customers and supporting growth of existing customer business
- Assists in the development of creative plans to increase store sales including implement planned sales promotion activities
- Responsible for maintaining sales records and managing inventory
- Assists in apportioning work among associates
- Supports the management of store expense control and payroll to optimize business
- Staffs, trains, develop all Store Associates, including Assistant Store Manager II, Shift Managers and Inventory Control Specialists in a manner that increases sales, ensures customer satisfaction, and complies with organizational policies and procedures in assigned area.
- Trains Assistant Manager II on all management tasks
- Provides supervision, training and development opportunities for associates in assigned area
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting and training associates
- Directs, manages, reviews and disciplines associate in assigned area
- Provides input and recommendations to Store managers in hiring and termination decisions
- Prepares work schedules for all associates in the store
- Responsible for the safety and security of employees and the property
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable food safety rules and regulations
- Manage bad check process and report to accounting team
- Acts as Store Manager in Manager’s absence
- Responsible for opening and closing the store
- Resolves escalated customer complaints
- Celebrate and recognize successful moments everyday
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of merchandising/retail grocery experience or 1 year managing store inventory
- 1 year supervising direct reports
- Degree preferred
- Able to stock merchandise weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and follow through skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making and financial analysis skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be open to promotional relocation in the Southwestern United States.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary of $50,000 to $55,000, depending on competency, experience, qualifications and skills.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.